All Things Green PR champions organizations that are working to make the world a better place when it comes to protecting the planet, sustainably using natural resources, and advancing a clean energy economy. The business was founded in 2006 by Lori Sinsley, an award-winning strategic communications and public affairs expert who has advised Fortune 100 companies, global public relations agencies, start-ups and non-profits. She is a recognized change agent with a track record of building brands, generating quality media coverage in top tier outlets, delivering results that grow bottom lines, and establishing thought leadership that results in competitive advantages.
Ms. Sinsley was most recently an appointee of Governor Jerry Brown Jr., serving as the California Energy Commission’s first deputy executive director of strategic planning and media. In that role, she worked with counterparts at the Governor’s Office, California Public Utilities Commission, Air Resources Board and California Independent System Operator to promote California’s comprehensive energy plan and policies to fight climate change.
Previously, she was a communications director supporting the climate and energy practices of Environmental Defense Fund where she established EDF as a thought leader on issues such as cap-and-trade, California’s growing green economy, and the benefits of smart grids. Her accomplishments included starting EDF’s California blog and Twitter account and leveraging both to generate public interest and news coverage.
Ms. Sinsley began working in the climate and clean energy space by founding All Things Green PR in 2006. In that role, she helped early stage and established clean energy clients, non-profits and Fortune 500 companies launch products, build their brands and get recognized for their corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainability initiatives.
Ms. Sinsley has a bachelor’s degree in print journalism from San Jose State University and lives in San Francisco.
Public Affairs and Community Relations
Played a key communications role in the overwhelming defeat of Proposition 23—a statewide, $10 million ballot initiative funded by the fossil fuel industry that was meant to delay California’s historic climate law. lean energy.
Handled public affairs work that enabled PG&E to win support for its restructuring plan tied to California deregulating its electric utility industry.
- Managed community relations and public affairs efforts tied to Southern California Edison’s plans to use ratepayer dollars to fund an electric vehicle infrastructure for California’s Zero Emission Vehicle mandate.
Social Media and Stakeholder Engagement
Utilized social media to help generate more than 100,000 letters to the Environmental Protection Agency urging stronger air pollution standards for the oil and gas industry specific to fracking.
Sustainability and CSR
- Helped clients build brands by providing copywriting for collateral such as Wells Fargo’s 2007 CSR report, TechNet’s “Green Technologies” report, Cleantech Open sustainability case studies, and A&R Edelman’s paper on the role public relations will play fueling the green revolution.
- Conducted media audits and assessed competitors’ positioning to help SAP define its sustainability messages and target key industry influencers.
- Publicized and marketed Sustainable Silicon Valley’s 2006 emissions reductions report highlighting members' sustainability initiatives.
- Wrote a public service announcement that Alec Baldwin recorded for Renewable Energy Long Island to advocate for an off-shore wind farm.